Search engine optimization (SEO) is the process of increasing traffic to a website through the use of relevant keywords. The better your SEO, the higher your ranking on search engines such as Google.
Companies spends tons of money trying to improve or maintain a good ranking on search engines by posting SEO articles and ensuring their website is SEO-friendly.
Not all businesses and freelancers have this type of money to spend, so here are five ways to improve your SEO without breaking the bank.
1. Avoid keyword stuffing when writing SEO articles. Many people assume that this will be helpful, but Google penalises articles, and content that are filled with too many keywords.
2. Use primary keywords at the beginning of SEO articles, and secondary keywords in the middle and towards the end of your article.
3. You can identify the best keywords to use in SEO articles or on your website by using a keyword tracker. There are free keyword tracker tools available online.
4. You can post your articles to article directories or blogs that relate to your business or project. This can help boost traffic to your website, however this may be available at a cost.
5. When using keywords on your website, be sure to include them in headlines, page descriptions and product descriptions. Avoiding keyword stuffing also applies.
SEO articles provide great business for freelance writers and digital marketers. Learn how to start making money on your terms with:
T K Williams-Nelson